Thursday, March 28, 2013

Recovery and Rufflely

Pretty in Pink progresses onward.  I have completed the final increase row, so now have over 3000 stitches strung along on three needles. 

A few more rows of stockinette, then bind off, and I am finished.  That sounds better when "a few more rows" doesn't translate to over 20,000 stitches.  Whose idiot idea was this scarf anyway?

Oh, that would be me. 
I do think that I will have a nice flowing ruffle at the end of the tunnel.  It is hard to judge since the flowing part is currently squished onto the needles, but I am cautiously optomistic. 
"That's a lot of markers."  Heard at Knitter-vention last Monday. 

Yes, that is a lot of markers.  And lifelines.  I am taking no chances with Black Rose.  She has proved herself to be tempermental and capricious.  She will cooperate quietly, then at the moment it is least expected, throw a tantrum that leaves me crying and swearing at intervals. 

There is a method to my marker madness.  The red markers indicate each quadrant of the overall design.  (Square, wrap-around shawl.)  The blue/white markers indicate pattern repeats.  At present, I have three pattern repeats, surrounded by a border, inside each quadrant.  I find that helps me idenitfy stitch mis-counts faster, and therefore easier and less painful to correct. 
 I have become a bit obsessed about the markers, but for now they are working for me. 

Today, it all about being a marked woman. 

No comments:

Post a Comment