Friday, March 29, 2013

Colors of spring

My spring fever reached a high pitch yesterday.  I went for a walk (it was at least warm enough for that), to the LYS, and bought new yarn in decidedly spring colors.  Within hours, I had cast on a new scarf.   Two child-free hours at the local American Legion, and I had finished one repeat. 

Winter Haven, in Cascade Superwash Handpaints.  A scarf on six 6 needles.  This puppy will be done in no time, even if the pattern is lacey in nature.  A nice contrast to the time-sucking, endless stitches projects to which I have subjected myself.  (Cough.  Black Rose, Fuchsia Wave, Pretty in Pink. Cough.)

Though I have heard others rave about Cascade, this is the first time I have actually used it myself.  It is a dream.  Soft, sturdy, smooth tight twist.  The first time certainly won't be the last. 

Today, it is all about the pink, yellow and peach. 


No comments:

Post a Comment