Thursday, April 18, 2013

Next in the Queue

I have been thinking of the next project to cast on lately.  I have been tempted by Jane Eyre Shawl (ravelry link) lately.  I like the traditionalism of the gray yarn recommended by the pattern (very British governess-esque) but I think that for a shawl in the modern age, that might come off as too old fashioned. 
So this yarn has volunteered itself.  Sage green mohair, with hints of gray and gold.  Very lovely.  Very Soft.  Very cozy. 

I actually had something else in mind for it.  A rectangular wrap with Celtic knots/chains or something.  I hadn't found a specific pattern that I liked, so I still had this vague idea of creating an original pattern. 

You know, because I already have so much experience with lace now. 

I still have that Celtic motif in my head, but somehow this yarn and the Jane shawl keep pairing themselves in my imagination. 

So as I was laying in bed the other night, I was starting to think about starting it BEFORE I finished Fuchsia Wave.  Just a little.  Cast on, maybe a few rows.  I started thinking about possible needle sizes.  6 would be too big.  Maybe 5's.  I have a plethora of Size 5 circular needles.  (Thanks to Duchess).  One is being used for the Swirl Skirt, but I couldn't for the life of me remember where the others were.  When I woke up the next morning, I saw it: 
Pretty in Pink, and all the needles in it.  Ah-ha!  There are all of my size 5 circ's.  How could I have forgotten?
Maybe I should hold off starting to new shawl.  I don't have a problem with numerous WIP's, but at some point, it starts to be overkill. 

I think I hit that point three cast on's ago. 

Today, it is all about the overkill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment