Monday, April 29, 2013

Testing 1 - 2 - 3

Testing.  Testing.  1 - 2 - 3.  Testing. 

I thought it a good idea to test this whole perpendicular edging concept before I did the real thing.  Well, after the first aborted effort, I thought it was a good idea, as the frequent readers of my blog (all three of them) may remember. 

It is nice to have a purpose for the tiny leftover balls of yarn sometimes.  Canary Yellow and Heather Rose is not a color combination I would usually favor, but it does the job as a test piece.  

After an inch, I think I got the hang of it, and was ready to try the real thing.  


 
My sweetie was kind enough to watch the children for me last Monday, so I could go to Knitter-vention  (actually, he came home mean as a wounded bear, yelled at everyone for no apparent reason, then yelled at me to "get the F*** out" when I was displaying reluctance to abandon my children into his care; but we won't quibble over details). 

After the greater than usual husband bashing, I was calm enough to give the edge another try.  Four rows later, I felt that I had an adequate start, and should quit while I was ahead. 

The past few days, I was able to pick it up again, and work a repeat or two.  The design elements are starting to show, and I feel reassured that I am not working the wrong side or twisting.  Two inches and 25 rows down, 190 inches and 960 rows to go. . . .(Weak groan.)  I really should learn my lesson about doing the math. 

We had a garage sale this past weekend, which is usually prime knitting time.  Every year, I spend two days sitting in the garage, happily knitting, and stopping to collect money.  Except this time, I spent half the time curled up in a chair , feeling a little queasy, semi-conscious, and being teased by my husband that I was pregnant again.  (I am not, thank you.)  The closest I got to knitting was to bring it out into the garage, sitting on the chair next to me.  Sigh.  At least we made decent money with the sale.  Next year. 

Today, it is all about the new technique. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment