Friday, May 3, 2013

Practice Makes (almost) Perfect

The perpendicular edging really is less difficult that it looks.  The first few rows have the potential for disaster, as you have to make sure that you have the correct side and aren't twisting, but beyond the first couple inches, it is fairly routine.  The only difference between it and normal knitting is the addition of one stitch from the body on knitted together with the edge (or, in this case, SSK) on alternating rows.  No problem. 

11 inches of edging down, and I feel like I have largely mastered the techinique.  I still have the occasional missing/extra stitch to sort out, but the last inches have been pretty uneventful.  And yet, there are scads of inches to go before I am finished.  Sigh.  There are days when I love the tiny steps of a million miles concept of knitting, and others when I wish I could just wiggle my nose and find the project finished.   

Today, it is all about the wishing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment