Tuesday, May 28, 2013

I blame Theresa

Within hours after the yarn-y garage sale, I was wandering around Ravelry looking for ideas. 

The Noro is not as soft as I would like (or would have thought a mohair silk blend would be), so I quickly excluded a sweater, and decided on a wrap.  Nothing too complicated a pattern that would dsitract from the pretty colors.  Nothing too large that would be too stripe-y. 

Charlotte Yarn Lace shawl immediately jumped out at me, even on the small screen of my Iphone. 

That evening, the yarn called out to me.  Before I knew it, I was casting on.  After three days, I have five to six finished inches, and am nearing the end of the first skein. 

A few days ago, I was making nice progress on both Pretty in Pink and Fuchsia Wave.  I wasn't planning on starting anything until those two projects were finished.  Maybe more.

At the garage sale, Theresa was the worst enabler.  Her parting words to me was that she expected to see the Noro at the next Knitter-vention.  This really is all her fault. 

Today, it is all about the blame-shifting.

No comments:

Post a Comment