Saturday, June 29, 2013

Mommy's Time Out

My husband is sending Mommy into a time out tomorrow, but a good one. 

He is taking both the boys tomorrow to see his brother.  (Grandma and Grandpa are going along.) One hour drive there, one hour drive back, time spent with family, plus maybe a meal.

I will be alone and child-free ALL DAY.  Hours and hours.  At first, my mother suggested us doing something together, but I smacked down that notion right out of the gate.  This is alone time, something I never really get anymore. 

I tried pinning my sweetie down on estimated time away, but he just asked if I was planning to see my boyfriend.  Well, yes, but not one about which he realistically has to worry.  I am going to spend the day with Benedict Cumberbatch, watching BBC's Sherlock .  All six episodes, plus the unaired pilot if I have time.  10 hours of drool-worthy brilliance. 

And, of course, there will be knitting.  (Sherlock is not a knit-friendly show by nature, there is too much visually going on, but I have seen every episode so many times, I can now tear my eyes away for a few seconds. 

I may finish  Aurora Borealis.

I may finish Fuchsia Wave.

I may finish the pink, ruffly thing. 

I may even work on my Monet cross-stitch, which I haven't touched in several years.

So many choices.  I have cleaning house like a mad woman today, to make sure that there will be nothing to make me feel guilty about tomorrow. 

Today, it is all about the anticipation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment