Friday, June 21, 2013

High as an Elephant's Eye by the 4th of July

4 feet, 4 inches.  I love it when a knitted item can be measured in feet.  As this marks the close of the 4th week in progress, that is over a foot per week.  Not to shabby.   At this rate, I will be finished in three weeks or so.  
I find myself wishing for a little cold snap for the 4th of July, just so I could throw some sparkly silk around my shoulders.    

And, at long last, I have finally named the Noro shawl:  Aurora Borealis shawl.  The yarn is Noro Aurora.  The colors remind me of the northern lights.  The little sparklies a reminiscent of stars in the night sky.  The name is almost too obvious for me to have taken four weeks to think up.  

Today, it is all about the christening cermony.   

No comments:

Post a Comment