Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Curses, foiled again!

After taking a 24 hour break on the Secret Wedding Sock, I walked out to the yarn store (another lovely day in Indiana. Something tells me we will pay for this 20 degree above normal weather, one way or another), getting there moments after it opened. To my shock and horror, she was out of the charcoal thread. Black, beige, red, two blues, ivory and a pretty new green graced the wall, but no charcoal. Of course.

Elizabeth called her supplier (God bless her), explained the time constraints and thread needs. Normally it takes them three days to ship items, but the girl explained that she would do the order right then, and walk it down so it would hopefully go out tomorrow. (God bless her too.) Obviously, yarn supplier staff understand knitting emergencies too.

Estimated time of arrival: 3 days. So what am I supposed to knit on in the meantime? I have been so focused on knitting that sock, now I feel like I don't know what to do with myself. . . .

Today, it is all about the waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment