Monday, March 26, 2007

"Sorry, we're closed"

I had a knitting emergency today. I was streaming right along on the Secret Wedding Sock, when I ran out of reinforment for the heel. (Insert expletive here) I knew that I was running low, but was hoping that I could finish the heel, and would have plenty of time to get more before I needed it again for the toe. No such luck. Fortunately my office is only a few blocks from my Local Yarn Store (how conveniently cool is that?), and it is a beautiful day, so I walked out there . . . only to encounter a closed sign.

Of course. The yarn store is closed on Sundays and Mondays. I knew that. I thought about pressing my nose up against the window, to see if Elizabeth randomly happened to be there, but I didn't think anyone else on the street would understand the existance of a knitting emergency; instead, I would just look stupid.

Ok, so I can pick up more reinforcement thread tomorrow, and in the meantime I will concentrate on starting a lobby to require all yarn stores to have an emergency hotline. While on the bike, of course. The sun is shining, the air is warm, and my sweetie has already texted me about taking the bike out after work.

Today, it is all about the disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment