Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Slogging along

Slog, slog, one needle in front of the other, slog, throw yarn, slog.

I am slogging my way through the second Secret Wedding Sock. 4 3/4 inches down. 32 days to go.

I am slogging my way through the second NOT After Bertha Tube socks, aka my current decoy socks. 2 3/4 inches finished.

I am pseudo-slogging my way through the second Jaywalking sock. (Translation: I haven't touched them in a week. Ever since they were demoted, for a single day, mind you, from the decoy sock, I have ignored them.) Just turned the heel, or just about to, I can't remember, maybe I was in the middle of the heel. . . the sock is about halfway done.

I was started to feel very weird by all of these second socks in progress, with none near completion. Then I realized. When I finished one (or more) of these socks, I can cast on something new. I have wonderful, colorful, soft, delicious sock yarn just waiting, BEGGING, to be cast on and turned into socks. Happy dance with me.

Today, it is all about the second socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment